Because trafficking is hidden, we all need to open our eyes to what going on – under the surface.
Some signs to look out for include:
- Foreign nationals who rarely come out of a house except with a guardian.
- Frequent visitors to residential premises, often a stream of men arriving and leaving at unusual times.
- Cars or minibuses picking up foreign nationals at unusual times.
- Sex workers who offer ‘special services’ at a low price, who are advertised as having particular ethnicity, who appear underage or speak no or little English.
- Teenage girls who seem unhappy, living with older, unrelated males, who drive them about.
- Commercial premises (including restaurants) that survive despite an acute lack of regular business.
For much more detailed information, visit www.blueblindfold.co.uk
If you see something suspicious, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111